*Blue Ivy Photography is located in Waukee, IA but serves clients throughout Iowa (and occasionally further).
My name is Sarah.
A photographer • Autism mommy • Wife •
Christ follower • Creative • Worship Leader •
A little bit nerd-ish • List maker • Entreprenuer •
Compassionate • Patient • Confident and authentic woman
- The opposite of fear is love.
- That Christ died for me and rose again so that I may have life.
- That photography can bring healing in a profound way. That moments are fleeting and photographs can freeze time. They represent what our minds forget but our hearts cherish. That photographs are meant to be printed, displayed, cherished and passed down through generations.
- That life is short and we should be real and authentic with each other
- That imagination is stronger than knowledge
- That a trusting attitude and patient heart go hand in hand. That patience is not only about waiting for something… its about our attitudes while waiting.
- That God can redeem the good, bad, and ugly when we give Him the control.
- In giving back and living a crazy generous life.
- There is no such thing as too much coffee.
- Sunshine, a summer breeze, warm rain, painting, and crafting.
- Lattes, tea, and more espresso!
- Curling up with a good latte and a good book.
- Singing- especially when worshiping!
- Building something with my hands.
- Leggings… need I say more?
- Playing with my kids and loud dinners with the whole family.
- A good movie and binge watching Netflix.
I look forward to…
- Creating a beautiful portrait together
- Capturing your special moment in time with patience and compassion
- Becoming your friend as I walk along side you in this crazy life
- Encouraging you as you pursue your passions
- Leading you in worship and helping you grow in your walk with the Lord
My photography experience…
- I have a professional photography degree and continue my learning through year round trainings and reading.
- I started my business January 2011.
- I am working towards my professional certification and masters degree in photography.
- I love to fundraise for a good cause- please contact me for fundraiser/auction certificates.
- I am exceptionally good at photographing children with ADHD and on the autism spectrum because I learned to photograph children by practicing on my son who has ASD.
- I am fully insured and a professional member of PPI and PPA (Professional Photographers of Iowa/ America.
- I compete in annual professional competitions through PPA, and I have been published in the 2015 loan collection with the best of the best across the United States.